JOB TITLE: BUSINESS GROWTH FACILITATOR
Employment Status: Full Time
Region: Gauteng & Virtual
Section: Operations Management
Purpose of the Job
This role exists to facilitate the growth and sustainability of the SMMEs that take part in our programmes by providing them with the required information, education and tools they need for their businesses to thrive. The role supports the vision and the purpose of the company which speaks to building SMMEs and empowering business owners to grow businesses that can be sustainable and thus transcending from one generation to another, leaving a meaningful legacy in our economy.
This will be done through the effective management all projects within The Transformation Legacy (TTL) in its deliverables to SMMEs, Corporate clients, SMME Development institutions, Government institutions and other portfolios. Their main job is to:
- Plan, Manage, Coordinate and Oversee all project management aspects for all TTL programmes; namely;
- Enterprise & Supplier Development (ESD) Programmes
- Skills Development Programmes
- The Transitioning Entrepreneur Programme
- Transformation Fridays Entrepreneur Development Programme
- SMME Consultancy services: Business Plan, Marketing plan, Feasibility studies and Strategic plan development
- Ensure that the programmes developed and implemented live up to the mission of the company; which is to;
- Significantly increase the success rate of SMME’s
- Grow and develop sustainable businesses that will leave a lasting legacy
- Create entrepreneur change agents: SMME’s who will change status quo and go beyond current circumstances to make their vision come alive
- Ensure all programmes contribute to the company being a leader in the development and mentorship of SMME’s in the African continent by instilling change and making a lasting impact
As such they will be involved in the strategic and operational management of the programme from inception to closing the same. They will work closely with the CEO to ensure that that the scope and direction of each project is on schedule, as well as other departments for support.
The position requires planning and developing strategy, including defining the goals and timeline for the project(s) they supervise. The Business Growth Facilitator coordinates, documents, and assigns tasks for the project team and provides the team with direction and support. Managing the budget, timeline, and resources for the project are also required. And monitors problems, provides solutions, and implements changes as necessary to ensure the project timeline is followed. He or she also regularly reports the progress to internal and external stakeholders of the project.
The role exists to facilitate the growth of SMMEs; therefore the individual will be responsible for ensuring that the SMMEs on the respective programmes grow in the following areas: Sales, Profitability, Business Owner’s expertise, Compliance, Human Resources, Technical Capability, Financial Status and Management Capability. Growth in their respective Market, Strategic Outlook, Structural Capability and Service Delivery. This will be done by ensuring that the development interventions that are implemented align with the SMMEs needs and result in the desired impact.
The Key Performance Areas (KPAs) are as follows:
- Business Growth and Development: SMME Capacity Building and Relationship Management
- Programme Management and Service Delivery
- Project Coordination and Administration
- Business Growth Programme Design and Content Development
- Programme Team Management
- Monitoring, Evaluation & Reporting
- Customer Relations and Management
Duties and Responsibilities
Business Growth and Development: SMME Capacity Building and Relationship Management
- Assess the needs of the SMMEs on the programme and recommend the required development interventions.
- Conduct Business Diagnosis Assessments to identify gaps and areas of development in the SMMEs participating in our programmes.
- Ensure implementation of effective Entrepreneurship training and SMMEs’ management skills development.
- Ensure implementation of effective Business Mentoring & SMME Business Acumen Development interventions.
- Management of relationship with SMMEs.
- Build rapport with SMMEs in order to support business objectives.
- Conduct regular check-ins and visits to the SMME’s operations, to ensure that they implement what they learn from the programmes and their businesses grow as a result of that.
- Provide support to SMMEs to ensure that they develop and grow their respective businesses.
- Development and Management of SMME’s taking part in the programmes.
- Ensure that SMME’s receive the right interventions and support to support their growth and development.
Programme Management and Service Delivery
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Assign resources to projects and project objectives and monitor progress.
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress.
- Develop project plans and facilitate resolution of all issues to reach project goals.
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with clients as well as other staff members.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
- Ensure resource availability and allocation.
- Prepare reports on the programs’ status or problems.
- Present reports and status updates to relevant programme stakeholders.
- Recommend improvements and present ideas for new programs.
- Manage project budget to reach revenue, cost, and profit targets.
- Manage and communicate ongoing changes in tasks, goals, or performance.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis.
- Processing of programme expenses, invoices, travel claims etc.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
Project Coordination and Administration
- Manage programme activities: mentorship sessions & consultations, Training workshops and other programme activities.
- Manage the SMME development programmes: Finding venues, catering and general event management.
- Programme administration; ensure all programme administration is in line with requirements.
- Communicate programme information and events to SMME’s and other key stakeholders.
- Resolve queries and any programme related issues.
- Execute all interventions for the development programmes.
- Ensure all administrative documents for all SMMEs is up to date and readily available and saved on the relevant system.
- Management and Record-keeping of all programme related documents.
- Plan and facilitate programme related meetings.
- Regularly update the SMME database with latest contact details and company information.
Customer Relations and Management
- Participate in client meetings, contract finalization, and development of requirements and specifications.
- Meet with clients to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements of each project.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/suppliers.
- Manage the stakeholders involved in the programme: SMME’s, the client and the staff/ consultants.
- Manage the enquiries and requirements from the programme client.
- Ensure that all programme stakeholders understand and know all programme activities taking place.
- Manage internal and external service suppliers.
- Maintains TTL’s CRM entity to ensure that all clients are serviced according to their SLAs and that all customised programmes are managed accordingly. This also includes client retention strategies which should be effected downstream by all departments in their respective roles.
- Overseeing to quality delivery of all projects according to client expectation, outlined deadlines and TTL standards.
Monitoring, Evaluation & Reporting
- Manage Monitoring & Evaluation of SMME’s that take part in the programmes.
- Maintain SMME impact results and database.
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Track project performance, specifically to analyse the successful completion of short and long-term goals.
- Assess programme impact in terms of actual versus outcomes.
- Monitoring the progress and performance of the overall programme.
- Compile periodic progress/status reports as required for each programme/project deliverable.
- Monitoring the performance of the SMME’s participating in the programme.
- Monthly monitoring & reporting on the performance of SMME’s and the programme
- Monthly monitoring of the programme consultants/staff.
- Prepare Presentation of the reports.
- Recommendations and new ideas based on the TTL best practice and or own experience should be added to these reports to guide project progress and ultimately to achieve the programme outcomes.
Business Growth Programme Design and Content Development
- Development & implementation of programme activity outline.
- Development of SMME development content based on analysis of SMME needs and areas of development.
- Outlining of SMME training workshop objective and training outline to guide the facilitators.
- Ensuring that programme activity is in line with the needs of the SMME’s on the programme/s.
Programme Team Management
- Manage programme team which would consist of mentors, training facilitators and other consultants.
- Source & recruit programme staff, consultants & workshop facilitators.
- Ensure all consultants and staff perform in accordance to programme expectation.
- Assess performance of programme team on a monthly basis.
- Conduct monthly check-ins and meetings with programme teams.
- Report on programme team performance.
Adherence to PoPI Act and related Legal Tenets
Maintaining discretion and confidentiality at all times with regards to management of personal information that they are privy to. This should be aligned to TTL’s Information and Asset Management Policy.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
List the knowledge, skills or ability requirements specific to the job.
- Project Management
- Budget Management
- People Management
- Business Acumen
- Time Management
- Analytical Skills
- Report Writing
- Customer Relationship Management
- Strategic Thinking
- Emotional Intelligence
- Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
- Excellent Communication skills: Verbal and Written
- Logical Reasoning
- Quick pace
- Adaptability and Agility
- Ability to work well with others
- Customer service orientated
- Coaching and or Mentoring
Preferable: Early to mid-career level employee with 5 to 10 years in the areas of Enterprise development within the SMME domain, operations management, management of projects as well as the associated budget, understanding of key programme indicators (analytical), people management and client relationship management. They should also be proficient in technologies that are relevant to Project Management such as MS Project and associated collaborative tools such as Trello etc.
- Prior experience as a Project Manager in a Business Management, Enterprise development environment
- Passion for SMME development
- Knowledge of enterprise development in South Africa
- Ability to work with a team and work independently
- Analytical skills for report writing and tracking key project indicators
- Knowledge of MS Office tools and other Project Management tools
- Prior experience as a Coordinator, Manager or Business Consultant in the SMME domain
- Solid industry/domain expertise in the SMME field and associated legal, compliance and governance framework
- Expertise in Enterprise Development in South Africa
Please note that this job role is not exhaustive and additional duties may be assigned at the line manager’s discretion and within the job role.