Job Title: Company Anchor
Employment Status: Full Time
Section: Operations Management and Sales Management
Purpose of the Job
The Company Anchor is the thread that connects every key operations component within the business. This would involve being the first voice that people hear when they call into the office, the first face people see when they visit the company premises and the one person who would be the go-to person for required company information. This individual would be required to know everything about every department to ensure they are able to provide the support required to the internal and external company stakeholders.
This role provides office and administrative support to the Operations, Projects teams and the CEO. It is vital for the smooth-running of all the back-end functions within TTL. The role ultimately ensures the proper flow of office procedures and supports the office management by carrying out common office duties. They additionally maintain a positive and friendly company image by acting as the first line of contact to visitors, customers, and vendors in person, online, and via telephone. Some of the duties range from fielding telephone calls, receiving and directing visitors, word processing, creating spreadsheets and presentations as well as filing. Additionally, this role may be assigned specific projects and tasks at the discretions of the CEO.
The following are the Key Performance Areas (KPAs) for this role:
- Office Management: Management of physical office and virtual working spaces.
- Administration and Information Management.
- Communication: External and Internal Stakeholders.
- Client Relations Management: Maintain highly rated client experience.
- Sales and Marketing: Generating Leads and continuous improvement of customer conversion rate.
- Personal Assistance to CEO: Provide assistance to Company CEO.
- Public Relations and Company Event Coordination: Coordinate company small-scale events and provide information for PR purposes.
This is a role that allows access to confidential and personal information particularly within the senior management team and as such requires discretion and trustworthiness. This view allows them to thus serve as gate-keepers with screening functionality of who may/may not contact the CEO. They thus serve as the first point of contact for the CEO, allowing the CEO to focus on developing and overseeing strategic insights for TTL.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Client Relationship Management,
- Cold calling and successful prospecting
- Business administration,
- Document management,
- Technology savvy: Microsoft, virtual meeting platforms
- Assertive personality,
- Handling project assignments,
- Good time-management skills,
- Good Interpersonal Communication skills,
- Ability to multi-task,
Preferable: Early-career level employee with at least 5 years’ experience in office management, administration and office management experience. Prior office management experience is preferred, proficiency with MS Office packages is equally critical while the ability to handle confidential information is of paramount importance. Use of CRM technologies is preferred as well as end to end management of the sales pipeline, project management and understanding of key sales drivers within the industry and applicable legislation.
- At most, you should have a bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Marketing, Sales, Office Management and Administration or a related field.
- At a minimum, a Commerce, Marketing, Sales, Office Management and Administration or a related field certificate or diploma will also be considered in conjunction with the relevant work experience in operations management, office management and customer service domains.
Office Management: Management of physical office and virtual working spaces.
- Organising meetings and managing databases.
- Booking transport and accommodation.
- Ordering stationery and furniture.
- Dealing with correspondence, complaints and queries.
- Preparing letters, presentations and reports.
- Managing office budgets.
- Liaising with staff, suppliers and clients.
- Implementing and maintaining procedures/office administrative systems.
- Organising induction programmes for new employees.
- Ensuring all company compliance requirements are adhered to.
- Attending meetings with senior management and drafting of minutes.
- Ensuring the office has all required resources to function efficiently.
- Manage office assets and resources.
- Administration of Human Resources records and documentation.
- Look after TTL company visitors.
- Purchasing, storing, distributing office stationery and keeping inventory on the same.
- Updating and maintaining the TTL Asset List.
- Ensuring that the office has all resources required to operate efficiently such as teas, coffees, cleaning material etc.
- Preparing management or client accommodations.
- Creating presentations, documents, files, spreadsheets and databases as assigned.
- Arranging for the delivery of domestic and international packages.
Communication: External and Internal Stakeholders
- Answer phone calls and transfers them as necessary.
- Providing consistent, concise, accurate internal and external communications.
- Sending out key information to staff, service providers, clients and other stakeholders.
- Facilitation of communication with stakeholders: external and internal.
- Provide required information to potential clients.
- Provide information to Marketing service provider for the development of company newsletters.
- Send out invitation and notifications for company activities and events.
Administration and Information Management
- Management of the SMME database and Programme Impact results.
- Manage company tools, authentication and access to the relevant staff members.
- Tender administration and management: ensuring that tender documents are adequately completed and all required documents are included.
- Provide administrative support to the team.
- Record-keeping and management of company documents.
- Drafts, formats, photocopies and prints relevant documents as and when assigned.
- Maintain stock lists and orders office supplies as needed.
- Manage staff expense requests in consultation with the company Accountant.
- Create agendas and take meeting notes.
- Assist with purchase orders and invoicing in consultation with CEO or Accountant.
- Manage distribution inboxes such as email@example.com in a timely manner and ensures correspondence is redirected accordingly.
- Handles expenses and billing cycles in consultation.
- Couriering tender submissions for TTL tender responses.
- Managing the document repositories on OneDrive, SharePoint and other where records of company policies and procedures reside and ensuring documents are relevant, current and easily accessible when required by TTL team members.
Sales and Marketing: Generating Leads and continuous improvement of customer conversion rate.
- Contributing to the development of and execution of the lead generation program.
- Nurture outbound/inbound sales lead campaigns and manage the sales cycle and associated pipeline from start to end.
- Generate new leads, conducting follow-up to currently leads and setting up meetings with potential clients.
- Proactive prospecting which includes emailing and making calls to clients to introduce the TTL business solutions, logging all such related activities and information into the designated CRM database.
- Effectively communicate and present the TTL business solutions and value proposition to customers.
- Maintenance and management of the CRM system.
- Assist with the development of presentations and preparation of the relevant documents for proposals for the Sales team or CEO.
- Compile and present lead management reports: providing consistent, concise, accurate and timely weekly/monthly sales lead generation activity reports to management.
- Management of sales pipeline to improve the customer conversion rate.
- Assist in preparing concise proposals, tender documents and quotations.
Personal Assistance to CEO
- Management and assistance with CEO deliverables.
- Acting as a first point of contact for the CEO by screening visitors, telephone calls and email correspondence.
- Organize calendar and appointments, checking with other parties to ensure availability.
- Draft correspondence, arrange travel, and provide estimates for activities and events.
- Prevent interruptions as related to the CEO and resolve issues.
- Run business or personal errands and perform general administrative or housekeeping tasks.
- Provide, book and secure competitive rates for CEO and designated members’ travel, ranging from travel, accommodation and meals.
- Manage company tools, authentication and access.
- Organise team events, such as meetings, team building events, manage appointments for the CEO, both internal and external, prepare presentations for the CEO.
Client Relationship Management: Maintain highly rated client experience.
- Act as point of contact for complaints and escalate issues as appropriate.
- Ensure clients have relevant information as per requests.
- Direct all queries to relevant team members.
Public Relations and Company Event Coordination: Coordinate company small-scale events and provide information for PR purposes.
- Organising company events or conferences.
- Attend workshops and conferences when requested.
- Arrange meetings by scheduling appropriate meeting times, booking rooms, and planning refreshments.
- Assists in planning and arranging events, including organising catering etc.
- Proven experience as administrator and customer service experience or in other similar position.
- Strong understanding of support role and impact on front office staff.
- In-depth knowledge of corporate governance and general office management best practices.
- Analytical abilities and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and independently.
Please note that this job role is not exhaustive and additional duties may be assigned at the CEO’s discretion and within the job role.