Youth Entrepreneur Development Programme
The Youth Entrepreneur Development Programme aims to empower and capacitate black youth owned Small, Medium and Micro Enterprises (SMMEs) with the skills, knowledge and tools they need to operate their businesses successfully. This programme targets emerging young entrepreneurs operating in the following industries:
- Information Technology – specifically providing Automation or, Software Development or, Data Analytics or, Artificial Intelligence services.
- Marketing & Communication - specifically providing Digital Marketing services.
- Green Economy – businesses providing solutions in the green economy sector.
The aim is to support ten (10) SMMEs through the development programme which involves the provision of business mentorship and coaching, business skills training and business development support tools. The 10 SMMEs will be categorised as follows: three (3) SMMEs in the Information Technology sector, three (3) in the Green Economy sector and four (4) in the Marketing & Communication sector. The youth owned businesses that wish to take part in the programme should:
- Be 51% black South African owned and 100% black youth owned, with the company operated by an entrepreneur with aspirations to grow within either one of the three sectors.
- Be eager to learn and develop their business management and entrepreneurial skills.
- Have the desire and potential to grow within their respective industries.
- Be led by future-driven business owners who are in business for the long haul.
- Operate a business offering services that have present and future market relevance.
- Have open-minded business owners who are willing and open to learning.
The duration of this programme is 24 months which will aim to ensure that the youth owned SMMEs gain good business foundations and are thus self-sustainable when they graduate from the programme.
Enterprise Development Programme Outline
|1.||Business Diagnosis and Assessment||Understanding the business and analysis of areas of development.|
|2.||SMME Development Growth Plans||Development of business growth strategy.|
|3.||Personal Development Assessments||Identifying the business owners’ areas of strength, development and assisting with personal effectiveness.|
|4.||Personal Development Mentorship||Development, support and guidance on self-awareness personal growth.|
|5.||Business Mentorship and Coaching||Development, support and guidance of business owners entrepreneurial and business management skills.|
|6.||Financial Mentorship||Development and building of business owners’ financial management skills.|
|7.||Business Development Support||Guidance and assistance of business owners to develop effective business development strategies.|
|8.||Business and Professional Skills Training and Workshops||Transfer of business management and critical professional skills required for business owners to grow their business.|
Benefit to Entrepreneurs
- Access to professional and experienced business coaches and mentors
- Growth in business acumen
- Gaining the skills and knowledge required to grow a business
- Growth in Financial Management skills
- Development of strategies to grow the business
- Development of a solid entrepreneurial mindset
- Access to The Transformation Legacy’s practical online business tools.
- Free telephonic or email advice for 6 months after completing the programme.
Who should apply?
- Black, youth-owned businesses specializing in the Green Economy
- Black, youth-owned businesses specializing in Information Technology
- Black, youth-owned businesses specializing in Marketing & Communications
- Black, youth-owned businesses whose operations are based anywhere in any of the nine provinces. However, they need to be able to provide services in Gauteng, Western Cape and Kwa Zulu Natal
- Business owners who would like to develop themselves and grow their respective businesses
- Black, youth-owned businesses with consistent access to internet
- Business owners who can make time to participate in the 24-month programme
- 51% or more South African black-owned business.
- 100% or more South African black, youth-owned business.
- Business registered with CIPC.
- Valid Tax Clearance certificate.
- B-BBEE Certificate or Sworn Affidavit.
- Business operating for a minimum period of 1 year.
- Business owner should be operating full-time in the business.
- Business should be currently operational.
- Businesses based in any of the nine provinces; however, the SMEs must be able to provide services in either Kwa Zulu Natal, Western Cape and Gauteng.
- Businesses that can participate in a virtual programme.
- The applicant should be a majority shareholder in the business.
- Businesses operating in either of the following sectors:
- Green Economy, businesses providing solutions in the green economy sector.
- Information Technology, specifically providing Automation or, Software Development or, Data Analytics or, Artificial Intelligence services.
- Marketing & Communications specifically providing Digital Marketing services.
- Business turnover to be no more than R 50 million.
*NB* - Only businesses that meet the minimum qualifying criteria will be considered for the programme.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS IS AS FOLLOWS:
Should you wish to be provided with more details about the programme, please contact us or send us your details to join an information session on the following details:
Telephone: 010 023 0508 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Person: Nontuthuko Mlambo - Business Growth Facilitator
This programme is facilitated in association with Momentum Metropolitan Holdings, Metropolitan Get Up and The Transformation Legacy